TikTok Slap A Teacher Challenge October is in full swing this month: What Parents Need to Know!
August TikTok Challenge was stealing something from the classroom or teacher.
September’s challenge was Vandalize school bathrooms.
October’s is Slap a Teacher Challenge. This could include a slap on the face, but more likely a slap on the body including a bottom slap.
Students are encouraged to film themselves or friends completing and posting these happenings. The school districts are aware and addressing the issue. The Principal of Hoover High School in N. Canton, Ohio- Eric Bornstine, sent an e-mail out at the end of September to families explaining the TikTok challenges and urging guardians to “Please talk to your student about the foolishness of the challenges and the importance of good decision-making. …Thank you for your support, as we try to spend our time focused on our main mission at Hoover High School: academics.”
TikTok Challenge Schedule
- September: Vandalize school bathrooms
- October: Smack a staff member
- November: Kiss your friend’s girlfriend at school
- December: “Deck the halls and show your b***” (show your private parts)
- January: Jab a breast
- February: Mess up school signs
- March: Make a mess in the courtyard or cafeteria
- April: “Grab some eggs” (another stealing challenge)
- May: Ditch day
- June: Flip off in the front office
- July: Spray a neighbor’s fence
Parents need to be aware what the app looks like and discuss penalties for theft, assault and vandalism.