Major Focus-Psychology: cultivates human rationalization from explaining thoughts, emotions & behavior to solving real-world problems.
With over 30 degrees to choose from, Kent State University (KSU) at Tuscarawas has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology. This degree offers all of the courses at the beautiful Tuscarawas campus as well as some virtual online options.
Major Focus on Psychology
The degree program gives students the tools to understand:
- Describe the basic theoretical perspectives, principles, concepts, empirical findings, & historical trends in psychology.
- Understand and use fundamental data analysis techniques.
- Understand and apply basic research methods/tools in psychology and evaluate the adequacy of research designs.
- Write and communicate effectively in the discipline.
- Recognize, understand, and respect the complexity of sociocultural and international diversity.
Choose a Concentration
There are 2 different concentrations a Psychology major may select or one may choose no concentration:
1. Child Psychology
Focuses on children and adolescents. Topics include child development, psychological disorders of childhood and adolescence, children’s cognitive processes, personality development, and child-related research experience.
Focuses on a foundation for future graduate study in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The concentration is designed to cover the Pre-medicine/Pre-osteopathy requirements so that students are prepared to take the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) and have the required prerequisites necessary for applying to medical school.
Future Career Paths
Kent State Tuscarawas Psychology graduates may work in the following types of positions:
- Mental Health Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Within law enforcement
- Community relations
- Testing and Assessment
This knowledge is needed in numerous sectors of business, including education, religious-affiliated service organizations, clinics, nursing homes, healthcare, non-profit, & government.
- 120 credit hours
- A roadmap for this program’s class schedule success is laid out here.
Applications can be found online here
No application fee
No test scores needed for first-year students
Why Go Anywhere Else?
Unique classroom opportunities present themselves exclusively to Tuscarawas students.
- High-quality teaching
- Learning with small class sizes
- Dedicated teachers such as the 2017 full-time distinguished teaching award winner, associate professor of psychology Dr. Scott Keiller. Listen to his interview about the KSU Tuscarawas psychology program with Tuscarawas Broadcasting Company WBTC.
- State-of-the-art technology, software, and equipment to learn and create with.
- Gold standard curriculum and excellent Professors.
- Incredible ALC makerspace.
- Tutoring is offered for many Kent Core classes including; psychology, biology, math, chemistry, and writing.
- Local advisors dedicated to the Tuscarawas campus will assist with academic forms, information, classes as well as success tips virtually or in person.
- USCAA athletics on campus.
- Over $350K in scholarships are awarded annually.
- Convenient access to educational experience at the PAC.
- Ability to gain future career experience in the exclusive KSU Tuscarawas Research Colloquium.
Andrew Swigert, a Psychology and English major successfully presented his research during the Virtual Student Research Colloquium in 2021.
Tuscarawas Campus Dedicated to Success
The job forecast for Psychology careers, from the U.S. Beauru of Labor Statistics is predicted to grow at an average rate of 8% for the next eight years. Major Focus- English Bachelor of Arts program at KSU Tuscarawas is able to prepare for a successful future. The CareerOneStop video below is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration.
Why go anywhere else when low tuition, close to home, extraordinary education is right down the road!
Kent State University at Tuscarawas 330 University Drive NE New Philadelphia, OH 44663 (330)-339-3391